Saturday, May 22, 2010

Burlap Curtains (Potato Sack Style)

Bonjour tout le monde....!!!
{That's French for "hello everyone...!!!!"}

 Congratulations to me....




I finally got some window coverings done in the laundry-room today...!!
YEEE~HAAA!!!! 
{Maybe I should say:  Congratulations to the laundry-room...!!!hahahaha..!!} 

This is cause for celebration, as we have lived in this house 
for eight~and~a~half years now...!!
Embarrassing....., I know.....  :-(
We never had any window coverings, curtains, blinds, or anything before today....!!!  :-)
{With only cows as neighbors, it did not seem like a great priority.... }
But now we do...!!!
 Aaahhhh....  {a sigh of relief....}

All I did was drape some potato sacks over a rake...
{yes, you heard right....}  NO SEWING!!!!!

I kinda folded them how I liked....
Tied some ropes around to keep things in place...
And VOILA...!!!!
{more French lingo... heeheehee}
They have a little bit of a print flaw or burlap "irregularity" here and there,
but not distracting at all......
In fact,.....I think it really adds.....


I kinda like 'um....
The potato sacks are from right here...
Aren't they cute.... And EASY...


:-) Crystelle
Return to CrystelleBoutique
To view additional burlap potato sack curtains, please follow this link....
au revoir mes amis
{hahaha...more French...}

17 comments:

Morgen Carlyle said...

Cute idea!

Emily said...

Love Um.....
Good job there girlfriend!!!!

Crystelle Boutique said...

Thank you ladies!!!

Unknown said...

Love it you're so talented.

Crystelle Boutique said...

If I knew how to take pictures with the back-lighting of the shade open, you could have enjoyed our view of miles and miles of farmland.... Ahhhh...... it's lovely and peacefulll...... Sorry....:-( I'll have to work on my photography skills I guess....

Bristol Anderson said...

Way chic curtains!
Really like it!

Tina K said...

I like the rope. That really is a great finishing touch!
Nice work!
I am glad it involved no sewing. Makes it so nice when you don't have to pull out your sewing machine.!

Sara said...

Can you release them so they cover the whole window!???

Ladybug Designs said...

The rake is a great touch!
Where did you get it?

Wendy said...

Oh my!!!!!!
Enough said!

Nadine Gilder said...

Yay!
the rake rocks!!

Vanessa Monson said...

nice laundryromm..

Amber Clousen said...

Well, congrats on getting curtains. How are the other windows coming along....?????

Felicia VanderWall said...

Very well done.
What are those things hanging on the wall. Shoe thing-majiggers...????
Some funky antique item you found somewhere......????

Trixie Casper said...

Congrat on getting that done. I hate that. Getting things done that have been on your to-do list for soooooooo loooooooong......!!!!

Unknown said...

Love your burlap curtains also,have potato sack curtains in my kitchen,went today and bought more to make shower and bath curtain,you have such creative ideas.

Mike said...

You just love potato shacks.